Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welcome to Gust Front Farm's Blog!

As our poultry occupation has grown from a hobby to a (very) small business, I decided to start writing this blog to get the word out there about what we do. This also gives me an alternative place to post all the duck and chicken photos that are currently cluttering up my personal Facebook page!

When I talked to my grandma a year ago about my desire to get chickens, she pretty much laughed at me. You see, I'm not exactly known for being outdoors-y, or dealing with the dirt and muck that come with livestock. When the chickens arrived, it was love at first peep! Those first chickens led to yet more chickens, then turkeys, and finally ducks. My love of poultry has been contagious and my two oldest children have gotten involved in our egg selling business.

I'll post photos of our birds, articles, and links to useful information for the crazy poultry keepers out there.

~Emily, resident crazy chicken and duck lady


No comments:

Post a Comment